Scenario Architecture is open for business and running at full capacity.
- Work is progressing safely on all existing projects and additionally, we are in a position to take on a limited number of new projects.
- By working remotely we are able to coordinate and deliver all required information, effectively run virtual design meetings and even carry out site inspections.
- We encourage clients to progress towards submission of planning applications to avoid the backlogs which are building up in local councils.
- With every crisis comes an opportunity, contractors are keen to secure new projects and it is probably the best time in years to tender building works and achieve competitive prices.
- We ourselves have decided to proceed with our pre-corona plans to move a few doors down to a larger and newly designed space where we can continue to grow sustainably.
Scenario’s long-standing relationship with Hampstead began with a direct referral from one of our first clients after launching our boutique residential architecture practice. Since then, we’ve proven ourselves with a string of successes across Hampstead and established ourselves as local architects of choice.
That early recommendation came from clients in West Hampstead as they moved into their full house extension and renovation – our first such project. They recommended Scenario Architecture to friends embarking on an extensive home renovation and extension in the heart of Hampstead.
More than a commercial opportunity, we saw this full renovation and extension as an opportunity to develop and refine our unique approach to residential architecture. Unlike many other Hampstead architects, Scenario puts its clients’ desires and ambitions central stage, as the main directors of the design process.
Practicing residential architecture across London for more than a decade, we’ve refined our client-led method, developing a deep understanding of the ways people engage with their home. Our process yields functional, tailor-made homes that tell the story of the owners, not the architects.
Your Hampstead project
Starting your Hampstead project
If you’re considering hiring Hampstead architects for your residential project, we’re here to help, whether it’s a renovation, extension or new-build. We’ve created a brief illustrated overview to help you understand each stage of the process, whether you’re planning a home extension, renovation or new-build in Hampstead. Most architecture projects in Hampstead require planning permission from Camden Council. With our successful record securing planning permission from Camden Council on behalf of our clients, we can claim home advantage across Camden in general and Hampstead in particular.
TipDiscover if your architect has had success pushing planning applications through your local council. Visit the Camden Council website, click on “Planning and Building Control”, go into the search engine for planning applications and type in your agent’s name.
AdviceWe have created guides for homeowners to provide additional advice and help with your project. The following eBooks are currently available for you to download:
1. Planning in London and the home counties - A guide for homeowners
2. Self build - A guide to building your own new build home
Your Hampstead project >> Scenario Architecture
Working with Scenario Architecture on your Hampstead project
Scenario Architecture is a boutique architecture studio focused on high-end residential projects in and around London. Through our bespoke architecture service we tackle domestic projects of every scale and complexity, from interior refurbishments to full renovations and new-builds.
Our experienced, highly skilled team can take you step-by-step through the challenge of designing your space. We’ll collaborate closely with you from the initial drawings, design and planning through tender and construction to the successful completion of your project. On time and on budget.
Scenario is a RIBA Chartered Practice. We comply with the strict criteria of the Royal Institute of Chartered Architects, covering insurance, health and safety and quality-management.
Early adopters of the latest technology, we use 3D design and visualisation tools as a standard on all our projects. Our experience shows that real-time visualisations and virtual reality are extremely efficient tools for choosing finishes, fixtures and fittings, and simulating natural light.
We also use 3D building information modelling (BIM) technology to produce reliable construction information, so all our project data comes from an accurate, coordinated 3D model. Using this cutting-edge technology collaboratively with consultants and contractors is proven to save our clients time and money. A Chartered Institute of Building case study featuring a Scenario project demonstrates the great benefits of this advanced technology for domestic architecture.
Scenario Architecture >> In our clients words
Great ideas and vision to help with our substantial improvement of a Victorian terrace. In our experience Scenario’s method prioritises the final result. That may mean more professional fees or higher quotes from contractors, as they understand the exact requirements.
Great, professional service. Good drawings and models and ultimately passed planning at the first attempt with Hackney Council. Would certainly recommend!
Scenario Architecture have created an outstanding design and space that was beyond my expectations. The design was through their unique process of understanding the client’s daily scenarios and collaborating with the client to come up with a unique design. The design process is one of the most memorable parts of the process and they also stretched my existing ideas to help create this unique space. A stress free journey throughout the whole process which Scenario were indispensable by giving advice on many difficult design and build decisions.
We wanted to renovate our house in a conservation area in central London. Given this involved a complete demolition and new build with an extra floor on top, getting planning approval was always going to be tricky. Scenario did an amazing job on the new house ‘envelope’ and throughout the planning phase. We couldn’t have wished for better from them and having succeeded in gaining planning approval owe them a very big ‘thank you’.
Scenario were great at thinking imaginatively and coming up with a design for a ground floor extension that was more ambitous than other architects we spoke to. They also helped us find a contractor who was able to complete the project working within timescale and our tight budget. I would recommend for mid to large sized projects with sufficient budget to allow for full utilisation of their creativity.
- Scenario based design – We start each and every project with a meticulous analysis of our client’s vision, requirements and aspirations. We do this by asking our clients to imagine their everyday scenarios living in the completed house and describe their desired interaction with it.
- Uniquely interactive - Our client’s deep involvement in the process does not stop with completion of the brief. Our design meetings are highly interactive, informal and fun.
- Designed to reflect you – Based purely on your lifestyle, aspirations and requirements and free from externally imposed concepts, metaphors and pre-conceptions, a completely fresh and unique design will gradually emerge and it will tell your story not ours.