Mayfair’s elegant Georgian and Victorian streets exhibit some of London’s most gracious and historic residential architecture. Bracketed by Hyde Park and the legendary Soho neighbourhood, these elegant terraced homes attract top prices and demand innovative solutions for their renovation and extension, both above- and below-ground.
Scenario Architecture is a RIBA-chartered practice on top of the latest methods and technology. Founders Ran Ankory and Maya Carni, graduates of London’s Architectural Association, take a fresh, inventive approach to expanding and revamping period properties. Building an extensive portfolio of residential projects throughout London, they see the city’s most historic residential neighbourhoods as their backyard.
With more than 10 years of experience adding vaulted spaces and graceful curves to classic period homes, Ran and Maya have earned their place as London architects of choice. Their work has featured in magazines like Elle Decoration, Dezeen, Houzz and Ideal Home.
Scenario Architecture was established in 2007 with a vision to develop a uniquely collaborative method of design. Ran and Maya take a considered approach to their clients’ desires, placing their aspirations for a new, architect-designed home in high definition. The clients’ needs are the main drivers of Scenario’s process.
A beautiful, highly functional home is the product of a deep understanding and precise analysis of each homeowner’s unique lifestyle. That shows in Scenario’s work: tailor-made homes that tell the story of our clients – not ourselves.
The landmark project Scenario House, was covered widely and shortlisted for several prestigious architecture awards – including the 2018 RIBA London Awards. It demonstrates the firm’s successful approach to domestic architecture projects.
Your Mayfair project
Starting your Mayfair project
If you’re considering a residential architectural project in Mayfair, we’re here to help, whether it’s a renovation, extension or new-build. We created a brief illustrated overview to help you understand each stage of the process, whether you’re planning a home extension, renovation or new-build in Mayfair. Most architecture projects in Mayfair require planning permission from the City of Westminster. With our successful record securing planning permission on behalf of our clients, we can claim home advantage across historic London.
TipDiscover if your chosen architect has had success steering planning applications through your local council. Visit the "planning applications" page of your council's website and enter the architect’s name in the search criteria.
AdviceWe have created guides for homeowners to provide additional advice and help with your project. The following eBooks are currently available for you to download:
1. Planning in London and the home counties - A guide for homeowners
2. Self build - A guide to building your own new build home
Your Mayfair project >> Scenario Architecture
Working with Scenario Architecture on your Mayfair project
Scenario Architecture is a boutique architecture studio focused on high-end residential projects in and around London. We tackle domestic projects of every scale and complexity, from interior refurbishments to full renovations and new-builds, through our bespoke architecture service.
Our friendly, experienced, highly skilled team can take you through the challenge of designing your new space, step-by-step. We’ll collaborate closely with you from the initial design and planning through tender and construction to the successful completion of your project. On time and on budget.
Scenario Architecture is a RIBA Chartered Practice. We comply with the strict criteria of the Royal Institute of Chartered Architects, covering insurance, health and safety and quality-management. Early adopters of the latest technology, we use innovative 3D design and visualisation tools as a standard for all projects. Our experience shows that real-time visualisations and virtual reality are extremely efficient tools for choosing finishes and fittings and simulating natural light. We also use 3D building information modelling (BIM) technology to produce reliable construction information, so all our project data comes from an accurate 3D model. Using this technology collaboratively with consultants and contractors is proven to save our clients time and money.
A Chartered Institute of Building case study featuring a Scenario project demonstrates the benefits of this advanced technology for domestic architecture.
In our clients words
- Scenario based design – We start each and every project with a meticulous analysis of our client’s vision, requirements and aspirations. We do this by asking our clients to imagine their everyday scenarios living in the completed house and describe their desired interaction with it.
- Uniquely interactive - Our client’s deep involvement in the process does not stop with completion of the brief. Our design meetings are highly interactive, informal and fun.
- Designed to reflect you – Based purely on your lifestyle, aspirations and requirements and free from externally imposed concepts, metaphors and pre-conceptions, a completely fresh and unique design will gradually emerge and it will tell your story not ours.
- Collaborative – We start the conversation with planners early and advise most of our clients to seek pre-planning advice prior to submission of a full planning application. Our experience shows that when properly consulted and liaised with, most planning case officers will be receptive to conduct a professional dialogue, increasing chances of successes.
- Strategic – We tailor a custom planning strategy for each project based on its circumstances such as planning history, local context and specific challenging elements. We sometimes split applications or introduce minor tweaks to the scheme during the consideration period in conversation with the officers to prevent one contentious element from jeopardising approval of the main scheme.
- Professional – Our experience shows that the quality and clarity of the submission in terms of background research, planning history of the property and context, precedent and of course the arguments presented to support the case has a tremendous effect on success rate.
- The decision period clock only starts ticking once the application is validated by the Council, This requires then to check that the forms are completed correctly and that the submission contains all the necessary drawings, statements and reports.
- Although required by law to provide a decision within the statutory eight weeks period, it is not uncommon for councils to miss the deadline of the consideration period, normally only by a few days, sometimes longer.
- In some cases the council may ask us as your agent for an extension of time, this may be requested due to internal reasons or as an acceptable result of a professional discussion that we are conducting with them about certain aspects of the application that they are not sure about.